Full time or part time, permanent
Salary: £35-45k pa (FTE), dependent on experience and location
UK-based with at least 4 days per month in our London Blackfriars office
Come help us shape the future of research impact!
Overton is a startup with big ambitions to support evidence-based policymaking across the world. We have built a pioneering platform that allows users to discover millions of policy documents and their links to each other, to academic papers and to relevant people and topics.
We’re already working with leading global universities, intergovernmental organisations and think tanks to understand their role in the policymaking landscape, all the way from scholarly research through to government legislation.
We’re growing quickly and we want to make sure that we’re building an amazing relationship with and learning from all of our new users. That’s where you come in…
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Engagement and Training Manager to help our clients make the most of their Overton subscription, to collect and analyze their feedback and to help shape our platform. This is an exciting opportunity to join our small, dynamic team at a pivotal stage of our development, where you’ll be able to have a big impact from day one.
We’re particularly interested in applicants with experience as an academic librarian or working for an academic publisher, research funder or a similar organisation serving academic stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as a vital bridge between our users and the rest of the company, feeding their views and requirements into product development discussions and contributing to the evolution of the product in real time
- Designing and delivering high-quality customer training to users
- Creating and updating training materials, guides and help articles – both organisation-specific and for general use
- Working closely with clients to understand their training needs and increasing usage of Overton within the organisation
- Becoming an expert in the Overton platform and in how clients use it
- Analysing usage, support tickets and feedback to ensure we’re meeting our customers’ needs
- Experience working with academic audiences to understand their research and impact reporting requirements, eg within a university library, academic publisher, research funder or similar
- Knowledge of the research impact and bibliometrics landscape
- Experience designing and delivering training sessions on using online tools/databases
- Experience producing training materials or user guides (design skills not required)
- Excellent ability to understand and pre-empt user needs
- Confident presenting in public and to senior audiences
- Keen to make policy impact easier for universities and passionate about improving the quality of policymaking
- Organised, self-motivated and happy working both independently and as a team
- Full of ideas about how to improve customer experience
- Curious and always learning
Why should you work for Overton?
- Supportive, friendly work environment within a company that cares about its staff and its impact on the world (we are accredited by the Living Wage Foundation and the FSB Good Business Charter and we’re aiming to become net zero this year!)
- The chance to be part of a pioneering new approach to increasing the visibility of policymaking activity and its interface with academic research
- Salary of £35-45k pa (FTE) dependent on experience and location
- Enhanced employer pension contribution of 6%
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days per year excluding bank holidays
- Choice of full time or part time
- Flexible working hours as standard and we’re open to considering alternative work patterns
- Hybrid working – minimum 4 days per month working from our London Blackfriars office, but otherwise you can choose to work remotely or in the office
Plus enhanced family leave and pay policies (subject to full conditions, available on request) including:
- After 6 months’ service, we’ll pay 90% of normal basic pay for the first 3 months of maternity leave and shared parental leave (less any taken as maternity/paternity leave)
- After 6 months’ service, we’ll pay 90% of normal basic pay for 6 weeks of paternity leave
- With no minimum length of service, you can take up to 6 weeks’ paternity leave, including 2 weeks paid at 90% of normal basic pay
How to apply
If this sounds like your kind of thing, we’d love to hear from you! Complete the form below with your CV and a cover note, or contact email@example.com with any questions.
Deadline 3rd March 2022 but we are reviewing applications on a rolling basis so please get in touch as soon as possible if you’re interested. Interviews can be in person or virtual as preferred, at a time that suits you.
We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability or parental status. If you need any adjustments to allow you to fully participate in the application and interview process, please just let us know.