Salary £30-50k dependent on experience
UK-based, with at least 4 days per month in our London office
Come help us shape the future of research impact!
Overton is a startup with big ambitions to support evidence-based policymaking across the world. We have built a pioneering platform that allows users to discover millions of policy documents and their links to each other, to academic papers and to relevant people and topics.
We’re already working with leading global universities, intergovernmental organisations and think tanks to understand their role in the policymaking landscape, all the way from scholarly research through to government legislation.
We’re growing quickly and we want to increase our marketing capacity to engage with key audiences and support our growth ambitions. That’s where you come in…
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and creative Marketing Manager to help plan, deliver and track our marketing activities and to contribute to our marketing strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to join our small, dynamic team at a pivotal stage of our development, where you’ll be able to have a big impact from day one.
This role would suit someone with a few years’ mid/senior level experience who is looking for more autonomy and a chance to help grow a genuinely useful and exciting product supported by a great team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and delivering campaigns that support the growth goals of the company
- Coordinating and delivering day to day marketing activities such as blogs, reports, social media, sales collateral and more
- Contributing to the marketing strategy
- Liaising with other staff and agencies to create engaging outputs and run successful campaigns.
- Comfortable using a range of different marketing channels including content, social, ads, events, thought leadership and sales collateral
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in B2B marketing
- Experience designing/owning a marketing strategy or campaign and delivering measurable results
- An excellent communicator, creative and with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of the university, academic publishing, think tank, NGO or IGO markets
- Familiarity with design tools such as the Adobe suite would be an advantage
- Keen to make policy impact easier for universities and passionate about improving the quality of policymaking
- Organised, self-motivated and happy working both independently and as a team
- Full of ideas about how to build out our marketing operations
- Curious and always learning
Why should you work for Overton?
- Supportive, friendly work environment within a company that cares about its staff and its impact on the world (we are accredited by the Living Wage Foundation and the FSB Good Business Charter and we’re aiming to become net zero this year!)
- The chance to be part of a pioneering new approach to increasing the visibility of policymaking activity and its interface with academic research
- Competitive salary – indicative range £30-50k pa dependent on experience and location
- Enhanced employer pension contribution of 6%
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days per year excluding bank holidays, pro rata
- Flexible working hours as standard and we’re open to considering alternative work patterns
- Hybrid working – ideally you would spend at least 4 day per month working from our London Euston office (unless health reasons make this difficult), but otherwise you can choose to work remotely or in the office
Plus enhanced family leave and pay policies (subject to full conditions, available on request) including:
- After 6 months’ service, we’ll pay 90% of normal basic pay for the first 3 months of maternity leave and shared parental leave (less any taken as maternity/paternity leave)
- After 6 months’ service, we’ll pay 90% of normal basic pay for 6 weeks of paternity leave
- With no minimum length of service, you can take up to 6 weeks’ paternity leave, including 2 weeks paid at 90% of normal basic pay
How to apply
If this sounds like your kind of thing, we’d love to hear from you! Complete the form below with your CV and a cover note.
Deadline 30th September 2022 but we are reviewing applications on a rolling basis so please get in touch as soon as possible if you’re interested. Interviews can be in person or virtual as preferred, at a time that suits you.
We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability or parental status. If you need any adjustments to allow you to fully participate in the application and interview process or the role itself, please just let us know.